Monday, February 13, 2006

The Divine Comedy scripts

One of the main things that I thought regarding the task of writing the scripts, was about keeping Dante's integrity while trying to make movies that entertain and make a difference in the world at the same time. So, using this formula, Dino Di Durante, the screenwriter, embarked on a hard mission that, like Dante himself, has been guided by God every step of the way. As of today, Inferno is on a 14th version and starting a new one soon.

Yesterday, we had a great table read of Inferno which was held at a beautiful Golf and Country Club in Temecula, California. Temecula is known as Southern California wine country for the great wine that is produced along California Rancho Road.

The Inferno table read was longer than expected due to the lenghty scene descriptions but after an initial prayer we went on to video tape the event for future study. We had a great group of actors and actress reading for more than one part of the script. These great artists were John Miailovich (Dante), Jenn Gotzon (Beatrice and others), Ed Vizenor (Virgil and others), Yenniffer Behrens (First narrator and several parts), Linda Burden-Williams (Second narrator and several parts), Jerod Edington (several parts), Austin Brooks (several parts), Charlene Amoia (several parts), Angela Landis (several parts), Jennifer Brooks (several parts). As listeners, were myself and Cinematographer/Director James O'Keeffe.

I deeply thank all for coming!

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda Burden-Williams said...

With a wonderful ride on a beautiful day to a new area I found myself surrounded by talented people. THE TABLE READ!!
I want to thank everyone for the energy and support for the project. I felt everyone did a great job with a cold read and words that aren't in our normal vocabulary. At one point I found myself looking up and realizing this is the start of the movie moving forward with the energy to propel it to the finished project. I could actually feel the end product created in a timely manner. So again I thank everyone along with Dino and Boris....Thank you and I am grateful to be a part of this outstanding project...
Linda Burden-Williams

8:39 PM  
Blogger Manna Films said...

It was a great and blessed honor to read Beatrice at your first Table Read of The Divine Comedy. Boris, Thank you so much again for the opportunity!!! Everyone was so delightful. Thank you so much for your compliments on capturing the essence of Beatrice through my performance. I adore the beauty (internally) of her and how she truly is a Godly/Holy Spirit filled woman. It would be an honor to create and bring the elegant and beautiful Beatrice to life on screen. Thank you again for this blessed opportunity!

May the Lord continue to guide and bless the entire process for everyone involved!!!
:)

4:29 PM  
Blogger Dino Di Durante said...

It's been quite a journey to learn the way of writing a screenplay based on the best book and poem ever written, The Divine Comedy, by mentor in life Dante Alighieri. My life changed forever after studying this incredible author and most of his books. I feel blessed in this mission of mine and guided every step of the way. I hope that through The Divine Comedy movies your life will take a new turn towards finding your mission in life.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home